4 experiments from Bulgarian SMEs were selected to enter the BOWI Support Programme with €60 000 funding each12/06/2020
Supported by ICT Cluster and TNO
After the promotion of the BOWI first open call, ICT Cluster provided the opportunity to Bulgarian SME’s and mid-caps to apply for receiving up to €60,000 each in equity-free funding, alongside technical support from industry experts and business mentoring. 21 applications were submitted from Bulgaria before the deadline on 15th of September 2020 and 79 in total from all 6 regions, participating in the project. After careful evaluation 24 experiments in total and 4 from Bulgaria were approved to participate in a 10-month Support Program which includes both technical and business-related support. On top of this, beneficiaries will get access to training sessions offered by the BOWI network partners.
The selected SMEs and mid-caps that require concrete digitalisation solutions will benefit from the connection with established and developing DIHs. The aim of the experiments is to refine new digital solutions that afterwards will help the companies to reach new market potential and scale and increase their region’s digital innovation level.
BOWI, the EU funded project that stands for Boosting Widening Digital Innovation Hubs, has announced the names of the 24 selected experiments presented by SMEs and Midcaps that will enter the Support Programme for accessing innovative digital technologies. The project led by Civitta, Krakow Technology Park, VTT, TNO, FundingBox Accelerator,RWTH Aachen university, ICT cluster, Latvian IT cluster, Transilvania IT cluster, University of West Bohemia and NTNU chose the experiments through an external panel of evaluators made up of recognized experts in different fields as ICT, IoT, AI, Big Data and Digital Twins amongst others.
List of the winners of BOWI first open call
- CENOS, SIA (Latvia)
- Wingo Deposit (Latvia)
- Exponential Technologies ltd. (Latvia)
- Semantic Intelligence LLC (Latvia)
- Transmission Dynamics Poland sp. z o.o. (Poland Małopolskie)
- Findair spółka z ograniczon ą odpowiedzi alnością (Poland Małopolskie)
- Spectator sp. z o.o. (Poland Małopolskie)
- Techmo spółka z ograniczon ą odpowiedzi alnością (Poland Małopolskie)
- Rofinntech 3D SRL (Romania Nord-Vest)
- SC STRESSLES S SRL (Romania Nord-Vest)
- RF METERS (Romania Nord-Vest)
- SOLISTRON (Romania Nord-Vest)
- Mode Sensors AS (Norway Trøndelag)
- Sensor Innovation AS (Norway Trøndelag)
- VNNOR AS (Norway Trøndelag)
- Q-Free ASA (Norway Trøndelag)
- JALUD Embedded s.r.o. (Czech Republic Jihozápad)
- InnoConnect s.r.o. (Czech Republic Jihozápad)
- LaserThermspol. s r.o. (Czech Republic Jihozápad)
- BestTalk s.r.o. (Czech Republic Jihozápad)
- Virtech (Bulgaria Yugozapaden)
- IKEM a.d. (Bulgaria Yugozapaden)
- DTK Electronics OOD (Bulgaria Yugozapaden)
- Spesima GmbH (Bulgaria Yugozapaden)
The full summary of the evaluation and complete list of chosen applicants and their experiment topics can be found in the Evaluation Public Summary Report of the 1st BOWI open call.
BOWI 1st Open Call - Public Evaluation Summary Download below